Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Are you there Hollywood? It's me...Kemp

They need to come up with a word for that moment when a person suddenly goes from an "aspiring screenwriter" (though I hate that term) to a "working screenwriter." Something that encapsulates the feeling of relief and validation that comes from knowing that your years of work honing your skills is finally starting to pay off. Perhaps valigasmic? Alchorational (in honor of the drinking binge one goes on after selling their first spec or getting their first assignment)? Where's Jesse Jackson when you need him?

Anyway, my valigasmic moment finally came last week when my agent called to tell me I landed the feature writing assignment I was after. So, my schedule for the summer just got a lot busier. Now for the next step in my master plan...actually writing something that gets produced.

2 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Lawrence said...

Congrats!!! You're on your way!!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Kemp said...

Muchas gracias. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home