Sunday, February 26, 2006

Memo to Isiah Thomas...

FROM: Kemp Powers

TO: Isiah Thomas

RE: WTF???

Isiah, you are sincerely f*****g killing me here. I've always liked Steve Francis, going back to his high-flying days as "The Franchise" with Houston, but a backcourt of Francis and Marbury is about as intimidating defensively as a backcourt of me and my son. I pray to the basketball gods that this is part of your brilliant plan to land us Kevin Garnett or Allen Iverson this summer. The Big Ticket could be the answer to the Knicks' prayers. The Answer wouldn't, but he would at least make Knicks games worth watching again. But if you don't land KG or AI, you'd better pretend you're in Sao Paulo and start taking a helicopter to work.

I don't get it. Michael Jordan botched things up less than you, and he still got sent packing in D.C. And he even suited up for the team! Are you thinking of signing Walt Frazier too? Bear in mind, I don't hate you Isiah. I just love my Knicks, and I hate what has been done to them. Talk about lipstick on a pig. I didn't want Larry Brown in New York. Look at how poorly the Pistons are doing now that the underrated Flip Saunders is coaching them. My pick for coach would have been Mike Fratello. Everyone knows the czar is a no-nonsense, defensive-minded guy who keeps his teams competitive. I remember those Cavs squads he used to coach that gave the far more talented Bulls and Pistons runs for their money back in the day. But no, the Knicks had to go for the overpriced glamour pick. And despite your wise and steadfast refusal to trade star-in-the-making Channing Frye, I don't trust you. I would not be surprised in the least to see Frye packaged with Francis or Marbury to land a hobbled Jermain O'Neal in the offseason. Those are the kinds of moves the Knicks have become known for.

Oh well...Snakes on a freakin' Plane...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home