Saturday, May 27, 2006

One Sopranos to go...

...and then this "season" is over, until 2007 at least. That last episode is going to have to be one for the ages to bring this show back to the top of my list of favorites. And unless AJ dies a painful death next Sunday, I just don't expect that to happen.

Even through this subpar season, there have been some great jewels of dialogue (always the strength of the show, in my opinion). One that I'll definitely have to add to the lexicon...

Tony (to AJ after he disrespects his mother)
"You know, if it wasn't for that women in there, I'd have knocked out all of your baby teeth with one shot."

There have been some other television surprises though. The Sundance Channel has been airing City of Men on Tuesday nights. This is the television series follow up to the superb film City of God, and follows the adventures of two young boys living in Rio de Janeiro's favelas. Most of the actors from City of God are also on this show, a gorgeous single-camera outing that first appeared on the BBC almost two years ago. Better late than never...

1 Comments:

At 2:47 AM, Blogger Lawrence said...

Damn, I've got to check it out. City of God is one of my favorite movies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home