Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Surreal Mob Life

Has The Sopranos jumped the shark? Or do I just not get it? There are still some great things about one of my favorite television shows. Every time Christopher (Michael Imperioli) opens his mouth, it's hard not to double over in laughter ("Allegra? Isn't that a cold medicine?"). Pauly Walnuts seems to just be itching to finally get his comeuppance, and I have to be there when it happens. Johnny Sack is turning into a pretty interesting character, and his teary breakdown at his daughter's wedding was classic.

But Uncle Junior (my favorite character from the first two seasons) being reduced to a raving lunatic? The two episodes of "Tony in Purgatory" with the whole buddhist monk/heat installation subplot? The Vito in the leather gay bar scene that had me thinking of Tobias in Arrested Development? Bobby shooting Treach in the ass for street cred?

Dammit Fonzie, where'd you put those waterskis?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home