Saturday, May 27, 2006

Focus, Kemp, focus...

Okay, so I really have to buckle down for the month of June. I have a personal goal of July 1 to complete my new spec, and I'm deep into the writing process now. My friends already know that I make probably the most detailed step outlines on Earth, and I finally got the step outline for this one nice and tight a couple weeks ago. Turning the corner into Act 2 now. Just need to take a deep breath, lock the doors and push towards the finish line. Don't know why, but I'm just really excited about this one. (which, considering my general attitude of indifference, is saying a lot) Since no one actually hires you to write a spec, I've made it a personal goal to have every new spec be better than the last one. So far, I've been successful, but my last spec was incredibly well received when it made the rounds, so I was really thrilled when this idea popped into my head that I thought was even better. Of course, actually executing that idea is the big challenge, isn't it?

I'm thinking of starting up a writing group. I'll ask around, and if any other friends have specs underway, maybe we can bounce some scenes off one another. I'm used to working my entire life in a vaacum, but with screenplays it's always nice to get outside input. We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home