Thursday, April 20, 2006

A Thelonious Monk kind of day...

Quite literally. I just spent the better part of the entire day with Monk's music blasting in the background. Gotta say, it really kept me motivated, and I got some really meaningful writing (on the creative front) done, and some equally meaningful writing (on the paycheck front) done too. Plus, my little dude (who just turned the big TWO yesterday) bounced around the house the entire time. What is it about Monk's music that resonates so much in small children? Maybe because, at first listen, it sounds like something a child could play? (even though it's some of the most complex music I've ever heard)

Anyhow, it's closing in on 6pm, little Mingus is out cold for a late nap, and Monk's Straight No Chaser has wound to a close. Guess it's Curtis Mayfield time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home