Monday, January 15, 2007

Pit Stop

Hey blogosphere, long time, no see. To my friends who have been emailing wondering why I've not updated since November, many apologies. There simply hasn't been enough time to keep blogging as of late. The holidays were super busy, and the period from Thanksgiving to New Year's kept me running around at a ridiculous pace. Then there's this terrible "bug" (the universal term for sicknesses including flu, pneumonia, spontaneous combustion, etc.) going around. The bottom line is that day-cares, no matter how nice, are sickness factories, and I can count on one hand the number of days Mingus hasn't been sick since mid-December. I finally succumbed and was down for the count from Christmas Eve until about...I don't know...NOW. And I'm still coughing. Ugh!

But despite the sicknesses, things have been well. I'd like to thank the folks at Mr. Ramen in Little Tokyo for soothing the winter blues with some excellent ramen. For those who don't know, it has been freezing in LA for the past week. No, SERIOUSLY. It has gotten down to the 20s at night in some parts of town. For a city where most people don't even own a scarf or pair of gloves, that's like Minneapolis weather.

The only good thing about sprawling on my couch with Kleenex for a few weeks is I really gave my Netflix queue a workout, and found some pleasant surprises. I usually totally ignore the suggestions on the website's home page, but since my head was too foggy to remember what new releases were coming, I gave in to its benevolent wisdom, and came away with a few gems, including A Scanner Darkly (which I really loved), Born Rich (far less offensive than anything on My Super Sweet 16) and many others. Ah, Netflix, what would we do without ye?

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home