Friday, November 04, 2005

Winter? Winter who?

Like most East Coasters reluctant to move out West, one of my top reasons for not wanting to live in Southern California was "I'd miss the seasons, particularly Winter." Boy, was ever a comment less true than that one? I was strolling on the beach a couple days ago while talking to my friend back in New York. He heard the crashing ocean and asked where I was, and I told him the beach. His next question was what the weather was like, and I told him that also (75-80 degrees F). I then heard his muted grumbling into the telephone. It's so easy to take 80 degree November beach days for granted, until your friends in places where they have to wear parkas tell you about their planned "snowbird" trips someplace warm.

The only season I truly miss is Autumn, and not because of the climate. I miss the Autumn colors. I miss the foliage in general back east (ah, the beloved oak tree). But do I miss it enough to want to give up winters at the beach? As Whitney would say, hell to the naw! If I want some snow, I'll go to Big Bear for the weekend. It's only 45 minutes away.

1 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

true that!! shanaynay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home